Re: pkgsrc-current-destdir Linux 2.6.24-1-686-bigmem/i686 bulk build results 20080716.1221

On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 10:15:33PM +0300, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:
>  >> I don't see any reason for this, sorry.  This section shows how many
>  >> packages including dependancies are broken per package maintainer.
>  >> And this information is very useful.
>
> > Yeah, 'very useful' to you and very offensive for us.
> > Think about it please.
>
> Yes, this section is very useful and very interesing for me.  This is
> why I wrote it. Offensive? I'm not a child and I assume pkgsrc
> developers are not too. If you are in this list, be peaceful and
> continue maintaining your packages. I will not discuss offensiveness
> of this section. This is not blame-list, this is per maintainer
> statistics.

Well, you are using our mailing lists to publish a list of people's
email addresses.  Furthermore, you are advertising those names under
the title of "Offender".  In passing, I'd note that there are many
reasons a package may fail to build, install, and de-install,
especially on a platform like Linux.

Now this list is not in the standard bulk build output; pkgsrc
developers do not believe it is a productive thing to have.

Your actions are not condoned by pkgsrc developers, and they have
asked you to remove your "Offenders" list. You have refused.

Sounds like an impasse to me - and yet you are abusing the privilege
of posting to our mailing lists.

Perhaps you'd like to re-think your actions?

Thanks,
Alistair