Subject: pkgsrc IRIX 6.5/mipseb bulk build results 20070221.1404
To: None <pkgsrc-bulk@NetBSD.org>
From: Roland Illig <rillig@NetBSD.org>
List: pkgsrc-bulk
Date: 03/22/2007 13:23:13
This is my first bulk build on IRIX with MIPSpro, and I have interrupted
it from time to time to fix some basic packages. I also changed the
compiler flags and other parts of the pkgsrc infrastructure during this
build, so it may be a little inconsistent. I wanted to crack the 3000
packages limit, but failed. Most breakage is due to the small maximum
size of the command line (gtk2, qt3-libs), and xpm failed because I
couldn't tell imake to generate 64-bit Makefiles.

My experience is that the MIPSpro compiler is a great thing, and we
should exploit its features much more to raise the quality of the pkgsrc
packages.

See also:
* http://wiki.netbsd.se/index.php/How_to_use_pkgsrc_on_IRIX
*
http://wiki.netbsd.se/index.php/How_to_do_an_unprivileged_bulk_build_on_IRIX
* http://wiki.netbsd.se/index.php/MIPSpro_diagnostics
* http://wiki.netbsd.se/index.php/Improving_pkgsrc

pkgsrc bulk build results
IRIX64 6.5/mipseb
Compiler: mipspro

         Build started:                  Wed Feb 21 14:04:00 UTC 2007
         Build ended:                    Thu Mar 22 12:12:18 UTC 2007

         Successfully packaged:          2494
         Packages really broken:         1275
         Pkgs broken due to them:        2716
         Total broken:                   3991
         Not packaged:                   4
         Not available:                  586
         Total:                          3995

Packages not listed here resulted in a binary package. The build
report, including logs of failed/not-packaged is available from:

ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/pkgsrc/misc/rillig/IRIX-6.5-mipseb/20070221.1404/report.html

Top Ten Offenders

Package                    Breaks  Maintainer
graphics/xpm               482     pkgsrc-users@NetBSD.org
x11/gtk2                   476     wiz@NetBSD.org
x11/qt3-libs               401     adam@NetBSD.org
x11/qt3-libs               401     adam@NetBSD.org