Subject: Re: pkgsrc Interix 3.5/i386 bulk build results 20070103.2224
To: None <pkgsrc-bulk@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: pkgsrc-bulk
Date: 01/08/2007 17:10:00
[not responding to all yet, I don't have quite that much time to
devote to fixes at the moment]

On 1/8/07, Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de> wrote:
> > graphics/MesaLib           1018    pkgsrc-users@NetBSD.org
>
> uintptr_t
>
> > fonts/fontconfig           988     pkgsrc-users@NetBSD.org
>
> intptr_t

I already have a devel/inttypes package in work to fix problems like
that (in the currently pkgsrc-blessed manner).  Just have to get a
little more time to clean up the autoconf cruft.

> > print/ghostscript          792     pkgsrc-users@NetBSD.org
>
> uint64_t

Should be possible to fix this relatively easily, perhaps as part of
the inttypes package above.  It does have "u_int64_t" (the BSD-style
name), so it's a simple typedef from one to the other.

> > lang/python24              428     recht@NetBSD.org
>
> What's the shared library naming / magic in Interix again?

I had this working at one point, and the support has probably
bitrotted.  The old support for shlibs should still be in pkgsrc
patches....

> > net/libIDL                 231     rh@NetBSD.org
>
> PRI* issue?

Actually, no; this one is a PITA because of an unfixed bug in Interix:

sscanf(foo, "%lld", foo) doesn't work.  libIDL is hard-set on using
*scanf() to do integer parsing, but parsing of 64-bit ints with
*scanf() is completely hosed (it truncates to 32 bits).

I haven't thought much about fixing this yet, as there are bigger fish to fry.

> > lang/tcl                   208     jwise@NetBSD.org
>
> -fPIC is not supported on Interix?

PIC is broken on Interix.  Shlibs are built with fixed base addresses,
and are relocated at runtime if the chosen text base address is
unavailable.  That error is put out by the buildlink3 wrappers to
catch attempts to use -fPIC directly.

> Anyway, it should be dropped from the
> command line as libtool adds it automatically.

Well, actually, it doesn't for Interix for the reason above.  ;)

However, so long as libtool is used properly, perhaps this is a good
idea for all platforms anyway.  (ISTR that tcl didn't use libtool, so
if that has changed, tcl might still have cruft from its old build
system lying around...?)

> > sysutils/dbus-glib         201     jmmv@NetBSD.org
>
> Preinstallation of the user accounts?

User account management isn't completely working on Interix, partly
for the reason that users and groups cannot have exactly the same
name.  There are issues to contemplate here about the "appropriate"
way to fix that, because same-name usage is still possible in some
cases (as "user" and "group" file permissions can actually use a user
or a group in both positions).

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com> <todd@vierling.name>