Subject: Re: pkgsrc NetBSD 3.0_STABLE/i386 bulk build results 20061020.0758
To: None <pkgsrc-bulk@NetBSD.org>
From: Roland Illig <rillig@NetBSD.org>
List: pkgsrc-bulk
Date: 10/29/2006 21:15:43
Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 29, 2006 at 02:52:25PM +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:
>
>>>sysutils/xentools30        1       bouyer@NetBSD.org
>>
>>=> Checking for portability problems in extracted files
>>ERROR: [check-portability.sh] => Found test ... == ...:
>>ERROR: [check-portability.sh] examples/blktap: if [ "$command" == 'add' ]
>>ERROR: [check-portability.sh] examples/block: if [ "$mode" == 'w' ]
>>[...]
>

> How can we prevent these checks ? These files are not used for NetBSD,
> and I don't want to patch them (there's enough patches to take care of
> already in these packages)

Most of my recent changes to pkgsrc that end up in new error or warning
messages have the origin of the message in their text, in this case,
check-portability.sh. When you look for that file in the mk/ directory,
you will find it in mk/configure. In this case, the .sh file does not
explain the variable, but the corresponding .mk file does.

Roland