Re: pkgsrc Linux 2.6.12-10-amd64-xeon/x86_64 bulk build results 20060425.2241

On May 2, 2006, at 2:15 AM, joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost wrote:

On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 09:24:05AM +0000, Chris Pinnock wrote:
On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 10:54:01AM +0200, joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost wrote:
On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 01:24:56PM -0700, Min Sik Kim wrote:
devel/bison                902     cjep%NetBSD.org@localhost

I vote for --disable-nls.

Sorry - completely missed the discussion behind this one. If someone
can fix the problem quickly, go for it.

Sorry, issue was that on Linux the translated messages are not recorded in the PLIST. The first option is to depend on gettext, but I'm not sure
if that can introduce a cyclic dependency on some platforms. The other
option is to completely disable NLS.

devel/bison already has USETOOLS+=msgfmt, which means it is supposed to install .mo files. The only reason that they are not installed on NetBSD is that configure searches for a function unavailable in libintl. Since that function (nl_expand_alias) is not used by bison anyway, we can simply bypass the test.

Chris, is it okay to apply the attached patch to re-enable translated messages?

Regards,
Min