Subject: Re: pkgsrc IRIX64 6.5/mipseb bulk build results 2006-03-01
To: None <pkgsrc-bulk@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: pkgsrc-bulk
Date: 03/02/2006 11:53:24
--+QahgC5+KEYLbs62

joerg@britannica.bec.de wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 03:13:10PM -0500, Jan Schaumann wrote:
> > net/nsd                            joerg@NetBSD.org
>=20
> How do I get C99 mode or a GCC here?

Check for the MIPSPro compiler, and add '-c99' to the CFLAGS.  There are
a few packages that already have that.  (Don't know off the top off my
head which ones, though.)

> > www/lighttpd                       joerg@NetBSD.org
>=20
> This feels like God telling me that I am a bad boy.
>=20
> cc-1035 cc: WARNING File =3D /usr/include/stdint.h, Line =3D 5
>   #error directive:  This header file is to be used only for c99 mode
>           compilations
>=20
> How do I enable c99 mode on Irix and can we do that by default?

I'm not sure if we want to make this the default, as that seems to break
certain other packages.  There was a PR about this the other day.  I
think it was gettext or something.  Compiled fine without C99, but
didn't with.

Unless, of course, we make the decision to say we _always_ want C99 and
consider packages that don't do C99 as broken.  But we don't do that for
gcc, do we?

> c-1020 cc: ERROR File =3D /usr/include/netinet/tcp.h, Line =3D 38
>   The identifier "u_short" is undefined.
>=20
>   	u_short	th_sport;		/* source port */
>=20
> Where do I get u_short in Irix?

I think it's /usr/include/sys/bsd_types.h.

As I mentioned before on this list:  every developer is free to get an
account on this machine to poke around there and fix things.  Send me an
ssh key in an email signed with your developers key and I'll set you up
and you get all the Joy and Fun of IRIX right to your fingertips!

-Jan

--=20
"Life," said Marvin dolefully, "loathe it or ignore it, you can't like it."

--+QahgC5+KEYLbs62

--+QahgC5+KEYLbs62--