Re: pkgsrc SunOS 5.9/sparc bulk build results 2006-01-26

Jonathan Perkin wrote:
* On 2006-01-26 at 16:39 GMT, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006, Jonathan Perkin wrote:

Huge lossage from a file being created as ${LOCALBASE}/info rather
than the directory.  Has mtree been changed recently?

I don't know, but pkgsrc should work without mtree.

We always used to run mtree, precisely for this reason.  Sure, it
might be an ideal to know that all packages behave perfectly and
create missing directories as needed, but I can't imagine that all of
our current packages do so.

I have just created a list of all the directory names of all the *PLIST* files in pkgsrc. It contains about 35700 entries. Such a list could be pregenerated in every bulk build, and after each package's installation phase, it could be verified that there is no installed file conflicting with these directories.

Another way, also done in the post-installations-checks phase, would be to compare the generated PLIST of the just installed package with what has really been installed, and to remove everything that should be a directory, but isn't. Of course, with a big fat error message.

Roland