Subject: Re: pkgsrc NetBSD 3.99.13/i386 bulk build results 2005-12-14
To: None <pkgsrc-bulk@pkgsrc.org>
From: Roland Illig <rillig@NetBSD.org>
List: pkgsrc-bulk
Date: 12/16/2005 01:20:50
Thomas Klausner wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 10:27:11PM +0000, Alistair Crooks wrote:
>
>>pkgsrc bulk build results
>>NetBSD 3.99.13/i386
>

> The py-libxml warnings look like a problem in the bulk build.
> chat/icd-hybrid, mail/cue, net/vtun, security/cy2-ntlm, security/qca-tls,
> security/xmlsec1 seem to have real problems.
>
> I couldn't fetch the detailed logs for the ones with XXX (weren't there,
> it said).
>
> The rest is probably pkglint-cleanup fallout. Roland, could you please
> cross-check?

The list looks very familiar to me. I have fixed one new package, namely
lang/nhc98, which had used the following code:

HARCH=                 `${WRKSRC}/script/harch`
PLIST_SUBST+=          HARCH=${HARCH}

I have replaced it with ...

PLIST_SUBST+=          HARCH=`${WRKSRC}/script/harch`

... although I don't know if pkgsrc should support this kind of quoting.
First, WRKSRC appears inside backticks, which require special quoting
rules. Second, the result of the backticks must be quoted again, leading
to even more difficulties because that would change the quoting rule for
WRKSRC again.

Roland