Re: pkgsrc NetBSD 3.0_BETA/x86_64 bulk build results 2005-12-09

Thomas Klausner wrote:
On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 10:53:18PM +0100, Krister Walfridsson wrote:

pkgsrc bulk build results
NetBSD 3.0_BETA/x86_64

Roland, could you please take a look at the rest if they were broken
by the pkglint cleanup too?

Yes, they all are. In the following I will not mention that it is my fault in each case. Just think of that sentence being added to each paragraph. :(

+devel/id-utils                     tech-pkg%NetBSD.org@localhost

 ls: /usr/pkg/'@comment '/id-utils.el: No such file or directory
 ls: /usr/pkg/'@comment '/id-utils.elc: No such file or directory

Fixed.

+editors/lpe                        tech-pkg%NetBSD.org@localhost

Fixed.

+emulators/fmsx                     tech-pkg%NetBSD.org@localhost

 :8:34: missing terminating " character
 :9:33: missing terminating " character

Maybe the next thing I will add to pkglint is checks for proper quoting for -DPREFIX=\"${PREFIX:Q}\". The different approaches I've seen have diverged far too much, and there is not much consistency.

+games/knightcap                    tech-pkg%NetBSD.org@localhost

 :5:9: missing terminating " character

Fixed.

+lang/tk-tclX                       jwise%NetBSD.org@localhost

This one was caused by using quotes in a variable that should not be quoted (PKGSRC_TCL_SRC_DIR). Fixed.

+multimedia/mplayer-plugin-firefox         xtraeme%NetBSD.org@localhost

 In file included from include/pluginbase.h:41,
                  from Source/plugin.h:48,
                  from Source/plugin.cpp:38:
 include/npplat.h:41:19: npapi.h: No such file or directory
 include/npplat.h:42:19: npupp.h: No such file or directory

I think these are fixed, too.

+net/rinetd                         tech-pkg%NetBSD.org@localhost

 ===> Applying pkgsrc patches for rinetd-0.62nb1
 patch: **** can't cd to /tmp/bulktmp/net/rinetd/work/rinetd-0.62: No such file
or directory
 Patch /usr/pkgsrc/net/rinetd/patches/patch-aa failed
 patch: **** can't cd to /tmp/bulktmp/net/rinetd/work/rinetd-0.62: No such file
or directory
 Patch /usr/pkgsrc/net/rinetd/patches/patch-ab failed
 patch: **** can't cd to /tmp/bulktmp/net/rinetd/work/rinetd-0.62: No such file
or directory
 Patch /usr/pkgsrc/net/rinetd/patches/patch-ac failed
 Patching failed due to modified or broken patch file(s):
         /usr/pkgsrc/net/rinetd/patches/patch-aa
         /usr/pkgsrc/net/rinetd/patches/patch-ab
         /usr/pkgsrc/net/rinetd/patches/patch-ac

This one is very weird. ${PKGNAME:S|nb*||} does not do what I would expect it do do, which is stripping the nb* part at the end. Can anyone explain that, or do I need to let pkglint warn about every use of the :S modifier?

The other packages were broken because of the missing Python.h file.

I had never thought the pkglint change would be that harmful. It really seemed "trivial" to me. Well, I have learned for the future. My special apologies go to Alistair, who suggested that I ran a bulk build on my own to find possible bugs. As you all can see from these bulk build results, I didn't follow his advice. :(

Roland