Do you use CVS_USER?

Hi,

I'm currently thinking about why CVS_USER is necessary at all. My bulk build setting is a "bulk" user that has CVS access to anoncvs.netbsd.org, so I don't need a CVS_USER. Curiously there is no setting that would allow me to automatically run "cvs update" without changing the user ID.

If you have different users for doing the "cvs update" and the bulk build, don't you have to set all the directories to 770 at least? Isn't that insecure?

It also means that the bulk builds are somewhat interactive because you must enter the password of the CVS_USER.

Under all these circumstances I'm wondering if anyone is using that feature. Please tell me. :)

Roland