Subject: Do you use CVS_USER?
To: None <pkgsrc-bulk@NetBSD.org>
From: Roland Illig <rillig@NetBSD.org>
List: pkgsrc-bulk
Date: 11/20/2005 16:23:03
Hi,

I'm currently thinking about why CVS_USER is necessary at all. My bulk
build setting is a "bulk" user that has CVS access to
anoncvs.netbsd.org, so I don't need a CVS_USER. Curiously there is no
setting that would allow me to automatically run "cvs update" without
changing the user ID.

If you have different users for doing the "cvs update" and the bulk
build, don't you have to set all the directories to 770 at least? Isn't
that insecure?

It also means that the bulk builds are somewhat interactive because you
must enter the password of the CVS_USER.

Under all these circumstances I'm wondering if anyone is using that
feature. Please tell me. :)

Roland