Subject: Re: pkgsrc 2005Q2 SunOS 5.9/sparc bulk build results 2005-08-12
To: Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.aug.fuenf@onlinehome.de>
From: Jonathan Perkin <jonathan@perkin.org.uk>
List: pkgsrc-bulk
Date: 08/16/2005 20:26:10
* On 2005-08-15 at 21:44 BST, Klaus Heinz wrote:

> Jonathan Perkin <jonathan@perkin.org.uk> wrote:
>
> Why is "patch>=2.2" required in the bulk build, but not for my
> build?

I install a relatively stripped down Solaris from jumpstart, so do not
have /usr/bin/gpatch installed (hence mk/tools/replace.mk pulling it
in as a dependancy).  I usually find this setup is good for ensuring
we correctly pull in necessary tools and also for helping to keep a
clean build environment as I do not sandbox the build.

> From the error message (...acomp...) I conclude you are using Sun
> {Workshop|Forte|Studio}? I have this lying somewhere but not
> available right now.

Yep, Sun Studio 9 (cc: Sun C 5.6 2004/07/15).

Thanks,

--
Jonathan Perkin                                     The NetBSD Project
http://www.perkin.org.uk/                       http://www.netbsd.org/