Subject: Re: pkgsrc NetBSD 3.0_BETA/x86_64 bulk build results 2005-06-21
To: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
From: Krister Walfridsson <cato@df.lth.se>
List: pkgsrc-bulk
Date: 06/25/2005 12:47:44
On Wed, 22 Jun 2005, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:

> AFAICS, it's used to store pam modules.
>
> The problem seems to be caused by a package leaving an stale
> lib/security *file* (or which was created by mistake), so after that,
> no other package can install stuff into that directory.
>
> Maybe by looking at the file that was left in the box we can guess were
> it came from?

I cannot get enough out from the strings in the file to determine
which package is the culprit, but it looks to me like the package
has done equivalent to

   cp foo /usr/pkg/lib/security

without making sure that /usr/pkg/lib/security actually exist...

Anyway, I have remove the file, will start a new full build now,
and will look out for when it is created.

    /Krister