Re: pkgsrc NetBSD 1.6.2/i386 bulk build results 2005-05-21

Krister Walfridsson <cato%df.lth.se@localhost> writes:

> that pulls in converters/libiconv/buildlink3.mk regardless of if
> it is needed or not (we have not seen it fail in he bulk builds
> because it was not used during the build before Johnny's recent
> changes).

That should not be entirely correct.  libiconv/buildlink3.mk will
be pulled in so that its builtin.mk can decide whether or not
libiconv is needed.

> I'm fine with just adding converters/libiconv/buildlink3.mk as
> an explicit dependency to archivers/gtar-base too.

Why is that necessary?  gettext's buildlink3.mk already pulls it
in.

> Or should we do something magic to prevent its usage unless it
> is really needed?

It did not occur to me that gettext would work without libiconv,
since it already had some logic to pull it in if it wasn't
built-in to the system.  If gtar-base was working with gettext
but not libiconv, shouldn't the libiconv dependency be removed
from gettext?

--
Eric Gillespie <*> epg%pretzelnet.org@localhost