Re: all java packages "broken"?

On Fri, Nov 26, 2004 at 12:55:56PM +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 03:38:48PM -0600, Eric Haszlakiewicz wrote:
> >     I took a look at the packages that had my name on them (jakarta-tomcat).
> > They are marked broken because they use java and there is no JVM installed.
>
> I don't see this -- where exactly did you notice that?

        oops, I was looking at amd64-2.0 instead of i386-2.0.  That
build seems to have problems finding a jvm.

> From
>
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/kristerw/pkgstat/i386-2.0/20041124.0333/www/jakarta-tomcat4/.broken.html
> the error reported is:
>       ls: /usr/pkg/tomcat4/webapps/to: No such file or directory
> which points to a PLIST problem (file in PLIST that does not get installed).

        That particular problem was caused by David Brownless using the broken
tar/gzip when generating the PLIST.  I sent him a mail asking him to fix it.

> >     I didn't see the sun-jdk14 in the listing.  Why not?
>
> If you want to depend on sun-jdk14 by default, you should
> set the PKG_JMVS_ACCEPTED variable in the package's Makefile.
> See comments at the top of mk/java-vm.mk for details.

        oh, sun-jdk13 is probably ok.  I didn't realize that that package
was still in pkgsrc.  It's seems a bit odd that it's the default jvm
though.

eric