Subject: xview build fixes
To: Krister Walfridsson <cato@df.lth.se>
From: Douglas Wade Needham <cinnion@ka8zrt.com>
List: pkgsrc-bulk
Date: 10/01/2004 09:42:30
Quoting Krister Walfridsson (cato@df.lth.se):
> Thank you for the patches!

Quite welcome.

> It looks to me like the only real changes are the xview-lib patches
> patch-de and patch-cy -- the rest seems to consist of space/comment
> changes only?

Here is a full list of files I have changed in these packages, as
reported by CVS when I do my updates:

    M x11/xview-config/distinfo
    M x11/xview-config/patches/patch-aa
    M x11/xview-config/patches/patch-ab
    M x11/xview-config/patches/patch-ac
    M x11/xview-config/patches/patch-ad
    M x11/xview-config/patches/patch-ae
    M x11/xview-lib/distinfo
    M x11/xview-lib/patches/patch-cy
    M x11/xview-lib/patches/patch-de

So, you pretty much correct as far as xview-lib.  The changing of the
patch-cy and and patch-de files resulted in distinfo changing as well,
but if your definition of "real changes" considers distinfo to be
something else, then you are 100% correct.

As for the xview-config patches, there was a problem with cpp giving
errors and stopping the build when it encountered these files during
an imake for a i386/current system.  For details, here is an excerpt
from a log file I managed to find from Feb 6, building against 1.6ZI
(sources updated Feb 2 00:00 EST).

    ===> Configuring for xview-config-3.2.1nb2
    mv -f Makefile Makefile.bak
    imake -DUseInstalled -I/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config
    In file included from XView.tmpl:4,
                     from Imakefile:1,
                     from /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config/Imake.tmpl:2030,
                     from Imakefile.c:15:
    XView.cf:3: invalid preprocessing directive ###
    XView.cf:4: invalid preprocessing directive #@
    XView.cf:5: invalid preprocessing directive #XView
    In file included from Imakefile:1,
                     from /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config/Imake.tmpl:2030,
                     from Imakefile.c:15:
    XView.tmpl:5: invalid preprocessing directive ###
    XView.tmpl:6: invalid preprocessing directive #@
    XView.tmpl:7: invalid preprocessing directive #XView
    XView.tmpl:8: invalid preprocessing directive #rules
    In file included from XView.tmpl:451,
                     from Imakefile:1,
                     from /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config/Imake.tmpl:2030,
                     from Imakefile.c:15:
    XView.rules:1: invalid preprocessing directive ###
    XView.rules:2: invalid preprocessing directive #@
    XView.rules:3: invalid preprocessing directive #XView
    In file included from /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config/Imake.tmpl:2030,
                     from Imakefile.c:15:
    Imakefile:8: invalid preprocessing directive #config
    Imakefile:9: invalid preprocessing directive #@
    /usr/X11R6/bin/imake: Exit code 1.
      Stop.
    *** Error code 1

    Stop.
    make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/x11/xview-config
    *** Error code 1

A compressed version of this log is now available in its entirity
(with lots of details on the source dates, etc.) in the same directory
where I placed the patches.  For those of you who may have deleted my

    http://cinnion.ka8zrt.com/netbsd/pkgsrc-fixes/xview

I fixed this back on Feb 20, and It may have been fixed with
subsequent changes to gcc, but I would ask that you double check me
there as well trying it on -current both with and without the patch.
If all goes well, I might even be able to do a test build without
these fixes, but it may be a few days.

> I'll test and commit those two patches shortly.

Thanks!

- Doug