Re: pkgsrc NetBSD 2.0G/i386 bulk build results 2004-09-15

On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 02:51:10PM +0100, Alistair Crooks wrote:
> audio/festival             24      tech-pkg%NetBSD.org@localhost

There was a bad patchsum that I've regenerated, so we'll see if festival
can actually build or not.

> editors/abiword1                   dawszy%arhea.net@localhost

This looks like a bug in textproc/expat that I've just fixed.

> lang/libperl               12      jlam%NetBSD.org@localhost

This should be fixed by my recent commits to make packages not use
libperl.  libperl itself may still not be bulk-built, but if that's the
case, that may be a bug in the bulk-build code.

> lang/pgcc                          jmcneill%invisible.yi.org@localhost

This was a bug in bsd.pkg.mk where PKGNAME_NOREV was defined too late.
I've moved it higher so this problem should be fixed.

> regress/pkgfail                    gavan%NetBSD.org@localhost

This shouldn't really be a failure... the bulk build code should not be
descending into the "regress" category directory tree.

> security/fortify                   tech-pkg%NetBSD.org@localhost

I've queried to see if I can remove this package from pkgsrc, since it's
basically dead and unusable.

> security/mit-krb5                  jlam%NetBSD.org@localhost

I've committed a known workaround so this package should build on NetBSD
systems with utmpx again.

> x11/kdelibs2               25

We should really nuke KDE2 before we branch so that there aren't
expectations of maintenance (it's maintainer is
"tech-pkg%NetBSD.org@localhost").
KDE2 has been declared dead for quite some time now.  If there are
packages that require KDE2, we should just mark them as broken, IMHO.

        Cheers,

        -- Johnny Lam <jlam%NetBSD.org@localhost>