Subject: Re: 3.1 -> 4.0, further issues
To: Nikola =?UTF-8?B?TGXEjWnEhw==?= <nikola.lecic@anthesphoria.net>
From: Glenn Becker <burningc@sdf.lonestar.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/30/2007 23:32:01
> If something similar happened to you, the thread contains a
> (successful) recipe how to recover FreeBSD partitions and make it
> bootable again.
>
> I'm also curious to hear what actually went wrong in these two installs.

I found it works to actually reset the partition 'type' via the cfdisk
program (I have a faint memory this is what I did before ...).

I must note though that after I had done this, I tried the upgrade again.
It seemed to go smoothly, but when I was done

1) I still encounter a hang at "warning: no /dev/console" on reboot into
the supposedly upgraded system, and

2) Yet again, the FreeBSD partition type was changed to NetBSD!

It would seem the NetBSD installer is definitely doing something it
shouldn't ... but why?

Glenn Becker - burningc@sdf.lonestar.org