Subject: Re: 3.1 -> 4.0, further issues
To: Glenn Becker <burningc@sdf.lonestar.org>
From: Nikola =?UTF-8?B?TGXEjWnEhw==?= <nikola.lecic@anthesphoria.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/30/2007 21:02:32
On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 19:41:36 +0000 (UTC)
Glenn Becker <burningc@sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:
=20
> I have discovered part of the issue and/or another problem: the
> process of attempting to upgrade my NetBSD installation has b0rked up
> the FreeBSD installation sitting on a primary partition next door.
>=20
> I discovered this by going into a fresh install far enough to see
> where I was being prompted to install NetBSD. To my surprise, two
> partitions were now marked by the installer as being of type NetBSD:
> the primary one where FreeBSD had been (this was the one it was
> defaulting to) and the logical one where I'd been booting NetBSD 3.x.
>=20
> IIRC, I have been through this before but it has been a long time.
> Now I have two OSs I cannot boot into. I'm loath to blame the machine
> and / or installer, since I'm sure they're both smarter than I am,
> but I wish I knew where I went wrong.

Hello,

I think you might find this thread useful:

  http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2007-December/164901=
.html

If something similar happened to you, the thread contains a
(successful) recipe how to recover FreeBSD partitions and make it
bootable again.

I'm also curious to hear what actually went wrong in these two installs.

--=20
Nikola Le=C4=8Di=C4=87 :: =D0=9D=D0=B8=D0=BA=D0=BE=D0=BB=D0=B0 =D0=9B=D0=B5=
=D1=87=D0=B8=D1=9B