Subject: Re: Unable to boot "install-CD" of 4.0 "final"
To: Vlad Markov <markov@sdf.lonestar.org>
From: Gilbert Fernandes <gilbert.fernandes@orange.fr>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/25/2007 01:50:39
On Mon, Dec 24, 2007 at 03:55:48PM +0000, Vlad Markov wrote:

> I was able to boot from the laptop floppies and ftp everything into my box
> (IBM Thinkpad 600), but it wouldn't boot from the hard drive. I went back
> to the install and loaded the generic-laptop kernel and then my computer
> booted from the hard drive.

this is close to my thinkpad x31 experience. i can boot
it from netbsd boot1.fs and boot2.fs but if i use the laptop
one is does not boot. this for several years. so i have the
habit of avoiding acpi as much as i can.

--
unzip ; strip ; touch ; grep ; find ; finger ; mount ; fsck ; more ;
yes ; fsck ; umount ; sleep