Subject: Doscmd?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Zachary Kline <klinez@onid.orst.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/15/2007 13:52:57
Hi,
    I realize this seems an odd question, but I feel compelled to ask it
anyway.
    I have a lot of old computer games and such which run under Dos, and
which a Windows screen reader has a lot of trouble with.  I don't even have
Dos on this PC anymore.  So...I felt I might have some luck if I could run
them under NetBSD's Doscmd, via a VmWare virtual machine which my screen
reader could then read.  It's a fairly complicated setup, actually.
    Anyway, I've tried to compile Doscmd via pkgsrc.  The message I get
claims it isn't available for NetBSD i386?  Checking the DESCR file, it
would seem to be...
    Have I any other option?  Is this port just broken beyond repair?
Thanks,
Zack.