Subject: Re: NetBSD 4.0_RC5 : can't ypbind to NIS server ?
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
From: Gilbert Fernandes <fernandes@math.univ-paris13.fr>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/13/2007 10:56:41
It really doesn't work :(

I have a tcpdump on my interface. Everything is set properly.
There is no firewall inside the network.

domainame is set
YP server can be ping by IP or name
rpcbind is running
ypbind gets stuck forever

tcpdump shows I send a UDP packet on port 111 (sunrpc) to the
YP server (I have tried with and without -insecure defined)

The YP server with a tcpdump on its interface does show my
request is coming in

But the YP server NEVER sends a response to my IP. Since all
other machines on the network do get answers from the YP,
it seems NetBSD's ypbind is doing something different.

My NetBSD 3.1 (laptop) and 4.0_RC5 (desktop) do not get answers
from the YP.

My second desktop box is a Debian under 4.0_r1 and it uses the same
port (111) when asking the YP server and it works.

And before using NetBSD 4.0_RC5 on the desktop PC it was loaded
with OpenBSD with the same config and it did work fine with the YP
server

:(g