Subject: Re: Re: laptop recommendations
To: None <dmcmahill@NetBSD.org>
From: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/04/2007 12:43:44
--WhfpMioaduB5tiZL

I have stored dmesg for Dell laptops I could test here:
http://www.tumfatig.net/dmesg/

On the XPS M1330, the wired NIC is not (yet, 3.99.31) recognised.
On each D6xx, D4xx, M1330, you have to select the "3945ABG" wireless
card and not the "4965AGN" one, when purchasing for the website.

Dealing with suspend/resume, the jmcneill-pm branch is more advanced
than HEAD. When I tested it (a couple of month ago), you couldn't use a
MP kernel. But this might have changed by now.

Regards,
	Jo

On Mon, Dec 03 2007 - 22:39, Francisco Valladolid Hdez. wrote:
>=20
> IBM T41 work fine NetBSD 4 RC4 for me.
>=20
> --- Dan McMahill <dmcmahill@NetBSD.org> wrote:
>=20
> > Can anyone recommend a current model laptop that
> > works well with NetBSD?
> >   I need something with working wireless and as much
> > hardware support as
> > possible.
> >=20
> > Does any sort of suspend/resume work correctly?
> >=20
> > My last new computer was a mac IIci so I figure I'm
> > due.  Everything=20
> > else since then has been a 5+ year old trash
> > salvage...
> >=20
> > thanks
> > -Dan
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
>=20
>=20
> ---=20
> Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone=
, the new has come! - 2 Corinthians 5:17 (NIV)
> -----------------------------------
> Francisco Valladolid Hdez.
> http://blog.bsdguy.net - http://flickr.com/photos/sigueme/
>=20