Subject: Re: NetBSD on Asus's EeePC
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/19/2007 22:48:06
On Mon, Nov 19, 2007 at 04:39:07PM -0500, der Mouse wrote:
> > Also, if you do release what you have, I'd suggest a shorter name.
> > 'atltwo' is as long as the 'xennet' I keep being annoyed with.
>
> Be glad you're not working on SPARCstation 20s with onboard
> framebuffers; the onboard fb on the SS20 is the cgfourteen.

Yes but typing the framebuffer device name probably doesn't happen
very often, whereas I very often type the name of the interface.

Although I did fine developing the driver, switching from my laptop
with a French keyboard layout to the Eee with a US keyboard layout,
an even tinier keyboard and that interface name.  So it's not too bad :)

--
Quentin Garnier.