Subject: Re: Qemu and 4.0?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Zachary Kline <Z_kline@hotmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/19/2007 11:47:54
"Brian de Alwis" <bsd@cs.ubc.ca> wrote in message
news:20071119165025.GD16244@monolith.gateway.2wire.net...
> -current no longer seems to need -no-acpi (thanks to whomever put
> in the necessary changes).  ne0 (was ne2) is not in GENERIC but
> still requires in the QEMU configuration.
Hi,
    This is good news.  When I've ran 4.0 with -no-acppi, I still get poor
networking performance.  In fact, ne2k and all other network devices seem to
time out regularly.  I never noticed this in 3.1.  In fact, ne2's
performance is so poor that the DHCP request goes unacknowledged...
    I hope this won't be an issue in the real 4.0.  Any tips in the meantime
to work around it?
Thanks,
Zack.