Subject: Re: Unicode text editor
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Magnus Eriksson <magetoo@fastmail.fm>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/16/2007 01:40:30
   mined seems to be the way to go.  Unfortunately the compile crashes with
an "virtual memory exhausted" error when compiling handescr.c.

   From what I can see, gcc gobbles up around 130M of memory, crashes, and
then the system starts paging things out.  Running it a couple more times,
(thinking that "Well, everything else should be paged out by now so
maybe there's some space...") makes no difference.  :-/

   A quick scan of the documentation for sam and wily for "unicode" catches
a few references to "compose key" and "hex codes", which pretty much
disqualifies them right there.  (I don't want to insert a single symbol in
the middle of a page of ASCII, I need something that works with an IME,
for actually writing text.)

   Bleh.

MAgnus