Subject: Re: Changing to NetBSD
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Christian Baer <christian.baer@uni-dortmund.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/31/2007 20:09:40
On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 14:39:15 +0100 Hauke Fath wrote:

>>Does this somehow go into the direction of "We are big and don't need your
>>crap"?
>
> "Do not attribute to malice what is easily explained by incompetence."

I think the sentence you quoted is a certain sign of incompetence. :-)

> In my experience, both from submitting bugs and watching others' bug
> reports, mozilla's complexity results in glacial progress as soon as
> more than one developer is involved. Somebody would have to "adopt" a
> patch, and take it all the way into the next release, which usually
> does not happen.

Ok, I can see how that could be a problem or at least result in a fair
amount of work. However, the concept of getting my product to work
together with more operating systems and plattforms should motivate just
about any "foundation". :-)

Regards,
Chris