Subject: Very slow on Dell Latitude D630
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Dinesh Nadarajah <dinesh.nadarajah@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/09/2007 08:52:56
I have a new Dell Latitude D630 laptop with an Intel T7500 processor. When I
tried to install NetBSD 4.0RC2 on it, it was so slow. When it was formatting
the hard drive, I could not even see the HD activity light. I though it
might be an issue with the laptop hardware. So I installed FreeBSD 6.2 on it
to test and it screamed. The formatting was very fast and the HD activity
light also was fine. Is there a possibility that NetBSD 4.0RC2 does not have
the SATA drivers or any other driver that might be affecting this? Anyone
else encounter such problems? I will try to get more data regarding the
hardware.

Thanks.

-D