Subject: Re: NetBSD NSF server with OS X NFS clients
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@embedtronics.fi>
From: Hauke Fath <hf@spg.tu-darmstadt.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/28/2007 16:01:11
At 21:05 Uhr +0300 27.09.2007, Jukka Marin wrote:
>Today, I finally installed netatalk, but despite of trying several
>combinations of options in /usr/pkg/etc/netatalk/afpd.conf, I can't
>make the ISO-8859-1 characters of the file server show properly on the
>OS X client.

Look at the AppleVolumes.default file that defines the shares. You
can change the server-side codepage (default: utf8) per-share by
adding a "volcharset:ISO8859-1".

Adding a "-volcharset ISO8895-1" to afpd.conf, OTOH, does not seem to
have any effect - all the world's utf8 these days, I suppose?

HTH,
	hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email            Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
      Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-3281