Subject: suspend problems
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: didier gaumet <didier.gaumet@libertysurf.fr>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/25/2007 16:19:35
Hi all :-)

I'am toying with NetBSD 4.0 RC1 on an i386 laptop (Dell Inspiron 1300).
=> I am trying to enable suspend/resume

and from what I have read about this subject, I have understood this
feature has just been developped (but is still in -current) for ACPI, but
is already effective for APM, right?

I have built a customized kernel with apm and acpi (and apm emulation
under acpi) both enabled.
I have enabled apmd and powerd in /etc/rc.conf.

I am making my tests with the root account:

laptop-didier# apm -z
apm: cannot contact APM daemon at socket /var/run/apmdev: No such file or directory
laptop-didier# apm -dz
apm: cannot open APM control device /dev/apmctl: Device not configured
laptop-didier# apm -s
apm: cannot contact APM daemon and cannot open /dev/apm: Device not configured
laptop-didier# ls -al /dev/apm*
crw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  21, 0 Sep 10 21:26 /dev/apm
crw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  21, 8 Sep 10 21:26 /dev/apmctl
laptop-didier# ls -al /var/run/apm*
ls: /var/run/apm*: No such file or directory

Any suggestion or comment?