Subject: Re: Emulation
To: [Rei] Yudha Harimantoro Tejaningrat <yudha.tejaningrat@pajak.go.id>
From: Adam Hamsik <haaaad@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/13/2007 12:41:37

On Sep 13, 2007, at 12:27 PM, [Rei] Yudha Harimantoro Tejaningrat wrote:

> From: "Adam Hamsik" <haaaad@gmail.com>
> To: "[Rei] Yudha Harimantoro Tejaningrat"
> <yudha.tejaningrat@pajak.go.id>
> Cc: "NetBSD Users's Discussion List" <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
>
> > Hi
> >
> > This is not correct mailing list you should sent this mail to
> netbsd-
> > users or current-users. I'm moving it there.
> >
> Well, I'm just follow the instructions.
>
> > You can use all well known and used emulation programs.
> >
> > 1) Closed source
> >  VmWare, Parallels, VirtualPC
> >
> > 2) Open Source
> >  Qemu, Bochs, gxemul and more [1]
> >
> > 3)Paravirtualization
> >   XEN
> >
> OK, I'll try to change to other emulators.
>
> > What is problem with qemu and win32 ? can you post some error
> message ?
> The boot stop with warning: no /dev/console

How you installed your netbsd ? You can try to boot install cd and
mount that virtual disk. Then you can copy /dev/console from CD
memory disk to the virtual disk dev directory and try it again.

Probably best option for developing code for netbsd is use is in
native mode :).

> > [1]http://www.netbsd.org/ports/emulators.html
> > Regards
>
> I'll try this link.
>
> Thx!
>

> Best Regards,
> [Rei] Yudha Harimantoro Tejaningrat

Regards
Adam Hamsik
jabber: haad@jabber.org
icq: 249727910

Proud NetBSD user.

We program to have fun.
Even when we program for money, we want to have fun as well.
~ Yukihiro Matsumoto