Subject: Re: Problems with postfix on NetBSD 4 RC1
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Z.B. <zb@ispid.com.pl>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/10/2007 22:35:27
On Mon, Sep 10, 2007 at 02:07:48AM +0200, Jan Danielsson wrote:

>    This is what happens:
>
> # /etc/rc.d/postfix start
>
> postsuper: fatal: scan_dir_push: open directory defer: Permission denied
> postfix/postfix-script: fatal: Postfix integrity check failed!

I would to point the attention of developers to some more troubles with 4.0
- I was testing "jihbed" live-CD made by Zafer:

I noticed, that kernel 0.9.428 doesn't like the ATAPI ZIP-drive. When the
ZIP drive isn't fitted with ZIP-diskette (and usually it isn't - at least
at that times, when I'm switching power on...), the system stays at the
message: "ASC/ASCQ: Medium not Present".

I made two other tries: one with ZIP drive completely disconnected, and one
with ZIP drive connected and fitted with diskette before I tried to start
the system again; unfortunately, although the system passes the detection
phase, it stays at the message: "Searching for RAID components...".

Always is possible to call the debugger with <Ctrl>-<Alt>-<Esc>. No
difference when my mouse is connected, or not (had USB-mouse-related
problems with kernel 0.9.422) - but, as I wrote, I cannot say, that with
the mouse is OK, because of no possibility to test it.

When/if Zafer will make 4.0RC1-based jihbed, will make new tests.
--
				pozdrawiam / regards

						Zbigniew Baniewski