Subject: Sylpheed-Claws: IMAP capable?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Eric d'Alibut <eric.halibut@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/07/2007 15:00:03
I have built sylpheed-claws from pkgsrc:

sylpheed-claws-2.5.5 X based e-mail and netnews client

It works fine with a POP host. When it did not connect to any IMAP
host I tried, I looked at the Makefile and noticed the configuration
was such as to not build against libetpan, which the package's home
page told me was required for IMAP. I made these changes in the
Makefile:

BUILDLINK_ABI_DEPENDS.libetpan+=        libetpan>=0.46

CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --enable-libetpan

.include "../../mail/libetpan/buildlink3.mk"

The newly built package again connects fine to a POP host, but I
cannot, seemingly, coax it into IMAP operation by hook, crook or other
enticement..

Should I take the original Makefile's anti-IMAP bent, so to speak, as
a hint, that sylpheed-claws is not IMAP-ready?

(This is an oldish -current build: NetBSD poobah.legomenon.org 4.99.19
NetBSD 4.99.19 (BOB.MP) #0: Thu May  3 02:52:56 EDT 2007)

Best regards,

--
No no no, my fish's name is Eric, Eric the fish. He's an halibut. I am
not a looney! Why should I be tarred with the epithet looney merely