Subject: Re: Dell Latitude XPi P133ST (WAS: boot loader, dual-boot support)
To: didier gaumet <didier.gaumet@libertysurf.fr>
From: Julian H. Stacey <jhs@berklix.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/06/2007 22:03:42
> This laptop has served as a test machine for several OSes.
> - I think I have succeeded to configure sound in a previous installation of
> NetBSD, but I've not tested nor configured sound after the last NetBSD
> re-installation.
> - Present OS is NetBSD 3.1 with a stock GENERIC_LAPTOP kernel.
> - For me, pcmcia ethernet card worked out of the box. Are you sure yours
> is a true (16 bits) pcmcia one and not a cardbus (32 bits) one? This Dell
> is not cardbus compatible...
> - X11 needs deactivation of acceleration and activation of hardware
> cursor, though the cursor is not working perfectly in the right part of the
> screen...
>
> Find hereunder my dmesg and XF86Config files:

PCMCIA work for me too on FreeBSD-4.11 & I believe NetBSD too, it
just doesn't on FreeBSD-6 (which (I think along with FreeBSD-5)
abandoned a lot of old laptops, (some say they may be re-supported
again in some version of FreeBSD-7 not yet released.) I'll have
another go with NetBSD in a few days & report back, Thanks a lot !

--
Julian Stacey. Munich Computer Consultant, BSD Unix C Linux. http://berklix.com
	Ihr Rauch=mein allergischer Kopfschmerz. Dump cigs 4 snuff.