Subject: Re: boot loader, dual-boot support
To: didier gaumet <didier.gaumet@libertysurf.fr>
From: Julian H. Stacey <jhs@berklix.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/05/2007 13:31:53
didier gaumet wrote:
> On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 00:54:09 +0200, Julian H. Stacey wrote:
>
> [...]
> > I'd just be grateful if any BSD could run pcmcia ether & X11 on that
> > Dell Latitude XPi P133ST.
> [...]
>
> Hi Julian,
>
> World is small: I do own a Dell Latitude XPi P133ST myself, and if I
> remember correctly, I have not been able to install FreeBSD 6.x but both
> pcmcia ethernet and X11 were functionning with NetBSD 3.x and OpenBSD 4.x.
> I do not use this laptop, but I think NetBSD 3.1 is still installed. If I
> can help, please don't hesitate...

Hi Didier,
That's good to hear, if it's running a BSD with X & pcmcia ether
I'd be grateful for your config files please (X11 in particular,
but If you have a custom kernel config too for eg sound or whatever
that too please)

This laptop belongs to a friend (np@bsn.com CC'd), it hasn't been
high priority so I haven't perservered that much, but I'd love to
get config files from you, install mine & return the laptop to
friend (& get space back on my desk :-)
Thanks !

--
Julian Stacey. Munich Computer Consultant, BSD Unix C Linux. http://berklix.com
	Ihr Rauch=mein allergischer Kopfschmerz. Dump cigs 4 snuff.