Subject: Re: building modular X.org?
To: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@telenet.be>
From: James Hartley <jjhartley@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/03/2007 02:39:28
On 9/2/07, Geert Hendrickx <ghen@telenet.be> wrote:
> You should set XORG_TYPE=modular in mk.conf, so pkgsrc will look for modular
> xorg dependencies instead of native XFree86 dependencies.

Okay, I installed 4.0_RC1/i386 with none of the X file sets,
downloaded pkgsrc from CVS, added "XORG_TYPE=modular" to /etc/mk.conf,
attempted to build /usr/pkgsrc/meta-pkgs/modular-xorg-apps according
to the following:

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-users/2007/08/08/0010.html

Compilation, however, still fails with PKG_FAIL_REASON being:

x11-links-0.31 requires X headers to be installed

Is there any place where building modular X.org is documented?

Thanks.

Jim