Subject: Re: installing modular X.org on top of XFree86?
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: James Hartley <jjhartley@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/01/2007 10:44:49
On 9/1/07, Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 1 Sep 2007, James Hartley wrote:
>
> > I would like to install modular X.org on top of 4.0_BETA2, however, I
> > am currently unable to install 4.0_BETA2 without installing all
> > thirteen file sets.
>
> What does that mean? What 13 sets? And why are you forced to install all
> of them?

 1.  base.tgz
 2. comp.tgz
 3.  etc.tgz
 4.  games.tgz
 5.  kern-GENERIC.tgz
 6.  man.tgz
 7.  misc.tgz
 8.  text.tgz
 9.  xbase.tgz
10.  xcomp.tgz
11.  xetc.tgz
12.  xfont.tgz
13.  xserver.tgz

sysinst only complains if all thirteen are not installed, but will
continue to make all devices & create a symlink for the chosen
timezone.  Yet upon reboot, I get into an endless loop where "NetBSD
boot" (as I recall the text...) is continuously displayed.  If I
install all thirteen file sets, the reboot works as expected.

Jim