Subject: Re: kernel options needed for USB support in 4.0_BETA2?
To: Jonathan A. Kollasch <jakllsch@kollasch.net>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/31/2007 07:45:03
On 8/30/07, Jonathan A. Kollasch <jakllsch@kollasch.net> wrote:
> It might be as simple as copying over the USB (between the
> Ethernet PHYs and the IRDA) section of the i386 GENERIC.
> Also defining some device major numbers will probably
> be required, see src/sys/arch/i386/conf/majors.i386

If I remember right, the kernel will compile once you copy over the
USB stuff and reference it in  the files.conf. The part where I run
out of talent is figuring out major and minor numbers, and getting
MAKEDEV to actually make devices. I think someone has done this
though, but I'm not sure if it works.

Being able to use a USB card would be hugely useful.

Andy