Subject: [IDENTIFIED] Re: Particular websites + firefox = degraded app
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Brian de Alwis <bsd@cs.ubc.ca>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/15/2007 18:00:14
I posted several months ago about degraded performance when viewing
a certain websites using Firefox.  By chance I discovered this
morning that this behaviour appears to be caused by the ATI binary
drivers: the performance issues don't appear when using the VESA
drivers.

On a related note, I finally made a package for installing the ATI
binary drivers, which is currently in wip/ati-xfree86-bin.  This
package installs the latest and greatest -- which unfortunately
still has this same performance issue!

Brian.