Subject: Re: Web design contest
To: None <andreas@netbsd.se>
From: Michael Watters <michael@watters.ws>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/15/2007 14:49:04
Andreas Pettersson wrote:
> We at NetBSD.se have redesigned www.netbsd.se some times, but never
> got really satisfied with the design. We are now looking for a new design
> for www.netbsd.se. We want it to look more modern than our current and be
> cleaner. These are our desires:
>
> - The site should not be made for fullscreen web browes, although, not
>     to small either.
> - Dynamic (xhtml, div, css ...)
> - Light and soft colours and shapes
> - Easy navigation combined with a good structure that allows much
>    information on limited amount of space.
> - Our mascot should be integrated in some way (only the deamon,
>     http://www.netbsd.se/bilder.php)

I may have a few ideas, does it matter what language the back-end uses?
Are you using a database?

Python/SQLite would probably work great and it would be very fast.

Here's some examples of stuff I've done.

http://www.watters.ws - Entire page is dynamically generated with some
javascript thrown in.

http://www.watters.ws/search - Python/SQLite driven.

http://hdtest.watters.ws - This site uses perl, it's not finished however.

Also, have you considered using a CMS like joomla?