Subject: Re: does nv driver support NVS 285 video card? [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.org.uk>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/07/2007 16:23:15
On Tue, 7 Aug 2007 09:14:38 +0100
Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.org.uk> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 07, 2007 at 05:49:33PM +1000, Paul (NCC/CS) wrote:
> > Tomorrows project. X.org.
>
> It shouldn't be too difficult:
>
> 1.) Get a recent copy of "pkgsrc" from CVS:
>     export CVS_RSH=ssh
>     cvs -d anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot checkout -P pkgsrc
>
> 2.) Build the necessary packages:
>
> cd pkgsrc/meta-pkgs/modular-xorg-apps
> make install
> cd ../modular-xorg-drivers
> make install
> cd ../modular-xorg-fonts
> make install
> cd ../../x11/xterm
> make install

Also fix your X config file if you're previously used monolithic xorg
or XFree86; if you've been using the latter, you may have to fix paths
in a few other places, like adding an XAuthLocation line to ssh_config
and sshd_config.  There was also something I had to fix involving linux
emulation fontconfig; the PR suggested I try modular xorg to see if I
still had that problem.  Next week, when I'm not traveling....