Subject: DRI Support - Intel HW
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Brian P. O'Hanlon <brianpo@cmu.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/05/2007 15:55:21
Hey, folks.  I have received conflicting reports from the internet on
the status of DRI in NetBSD.  The projects page says that it is a high
priority project and needs implemented; other places have implied that
it is supported, but maybe only in X.Org, or XFree86, or the bundled X,
and maybe on some cards (Intel), but not others (ATI), and maybe on some
architectures, but not others, so...
Suppose that I have a new machine, with Intel 965 graphics, and I would
like to run NetBSD/AMD64 on it, will DRI be supported?  I will likely
need to do some OpenGL stuff for a class, so if it is not supported, I
will need to use something else.  Should I use 4.0 as opposed to 3.1?
Thanks a lot!
-Brian