Subject: 3.1.1_patch change to home dir scan?
To: NetBSD Users's Discussion List <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Eisch <peter@boku.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/30/2007 12:43:02
On the freshly built/installed system's running of /etc/security I now get:

Checking home directories.
user uucp home directory is group writable
user uucp home directory is other writable

The dir and permissions look the same on pre-3.1.1 systems and from what I
can recall about UUCP, the permissions look right.

Is there a thread I can review or somehow correct my systems gracefully?
The obvious solution of changing the perms on /var/spool/uucppublic is easy
and probably a non-factor as I don't anticipate using UUCP on these systems.
It seems like a kludge though.

Ideas, thoughts?

peter