Subject: Re: Why is Firefox "Bon Echo"?
To: Gilles Gravier <Gilles@Gravier.org>
From: Evaldo Gardenali <evaldo@gardenali.biz>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/25/2007 14:35:31
From: "Gilles Gravier" <Gilles@Gravier.org>
> Hi!
>
> Why is Firefox 2 called Bon Echo instead of Firefox?
>
> Gilles.
> --
> /*Gilles Gravier*/ *=* *Gilles@Gravier.org* <mailto:Gilles@Gravier.org>
> *=* *http://www.gravier.org/*
> ICQ : *77488526*
> <http://www.icq.com/whitepages/about_me.php?Uin=77488526> * || *MSN
> Messenger : Gilles@Gravier.org
> <http://members.msn.com/Gilles@Gravier.org>*
> *Skype : ggravier <callto://ggravier>* || *Y! : ggravier
> <http://profiles.yahoo.com/ggravier> || AOL : gillesgravier
> <aim:goim?screenname=gillesgravier>
> PGP Key ID : *0x8DE6D026*
> <http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=0x8DE6D026&op=index>
> My Last Known Position / Ma Derniere Position Connue
> <http://www.gmap-track.com/user.php?user=ggravier>
> "Chastity is its own punishment." (/Solomon Short/) [/David Gerrold/]
> "De toutes les aberrations sexuelles, la chasteté est la plus
> aberrante." [Anatole France]

Hi
You can't use the name Firefox (TM) or the Firefox logo unless you are
distributing the official build by mozilla.com.

"Our code is free, but we do strictly enforce our trademark rights, we must,
in order to keep them valid. Our trademarks include, among others, the names
Mozilla, Firefox, Thunderbird, Bugzilla and XUL, as well as the Mozilla
logo, Firefox logo, Thunderbird logo and the red lizard logo. This means
that, while you have considerable freedom to redistribute and modify our
software, there are tight restrictions on your ability to use the Mozilla
name and logos, even when built into binaries that we provide."
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/about/licensing.html

Evaldo