Subject: Re: serial console and spurious breaks
To: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@cs.hut.fi>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/23/2007 18:06:35
On Mon Jul 23 2007 at 11:00:54 -0400, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 02:00:46PM +0000, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> > Hello
> >=20
> > I have several NetBSD/macppc and NetBSD/amd64 machines using serial con=
soles.
> > If I unplug the serial port, or if I power cycle the serial remote devi=
ce, o
> > the NetBSD box will catch a BREAK on the console, and will drop in ddb.=
=20
>=20
> This is why we have the hw.cnmagic sysctl setting.  I generally set it to
> =01ddb (<control-a>ddb) on my systems.

Just a side-note: entering ddb through cnmagic on a com console leaves
the com spinlock locked and will prevent some tasks such as pfind().
This, of course, should be fixed (or I should at least send-pr it).

--=20
Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>                     Of course he runs NetBSD
http://www.iki.fi/pooka/                          http://www.NetBSD.org/
    "la qualit=E9 la plus indispensable du cuisinier est l'exactitude"