Subject: Support for disks whose sector size = 2048 bytes?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Mueller <tmueller@bluegrass.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/18/2007 15:22:25
Is there any support in NetBSD for disks whose sector size = 2048 bytes or
something other than 512 bytes?  I remember the answer was no at the time of
NetBSD 1.6, but improvements happen, technology advances, so I now ask with
regard to NetBSD 3.1 and the upcoming v4.  I'm thinking mainly with regard to
Fujitsu DynaMO, where the newer, larger disk dizes have sector size 2048
bytes, while the older, smaller disk sizes have sectors of 512 bytes.  I
think FreeBSD has this support, am not sure about OpenBSD.

Tom