Subject: Re: setting video aspect ratio flags on netbsd [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
To: Paul (NCC/CS). <pts@bom.gov.au>
From: Thomas Bieg <tomsbsd04@tiscali.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/16/2007 17:13:05
Paul (NCC/CS). wrote:
> I've heard of a tool called "IFOedit" used to correct
> aspect ratio flags on video files set incorrectly.
>
> ./pkglocate IFOedit and the like, turned up nill.
>
> Does NetBSD have a tool that can do this folks?

Depending on what files you have this might get a little laborious.

Since you're mentioning IFOedit, you're probably talking about a
video DVD structure. As the aspect ratio is not only stored in the
IFO (and BUP) files but also in the MPEG (VOB) files themselves, you
may need to re-author the DVD to get what you want.

There's a Java tool called "ProjectX" that can change the aspect
ratio of MPEG files while demuxing:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/project-x

(But beware that this is a very powerful but not the most intuitive
program...)

Regards,
Tom