Subject: Re: OT: convert .mp3 to .wma?
To: Steven Sartorius <ssartor@bellatlantic.net>
From: stefanos mparas <stefano@arx.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/25/2007 12:43:11
well i'm not familiar with that phone ,
but i remember some 2-3 years i had a verizon phone ( lg something )
that only took .mid files for ringtones ,

i did a little search , found a program called bitpim ,
and with a data cable i was able to get it play mp3 files ,

all i had to do was, to rename that mp3 file to .mid extension
and it worked ,

probably it is much cheaper  to  look for  an extension (through software )
and  block  the file, than look into the contents of the file ,
anyway , the audio decoder doesn't care what the name is , it only wants
the data
and it decides for it self how it will play , this is true for most
phones i encountered

if this doesn't work , the cd that came with the phone has a file
manager program ,
simply drag-n-drop would convert to wma any audio file ( its common
practice these days)

stefano