Subject: Re: Total system freeze (i386)
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/21/2007 13:33:20
On Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 10:16:56AM -0500, Przemys?aw Pawe?czyk wrote:
> Of course the culprit can be found everywhere. We can accuse the
> mentioned applications or/and to make my old hardware face a firing
> squad as well. But for me the true point is how to pinpoint the
> vermin?

set up serial console.  you must be getting to ddb or else the reboot
command wouldn't do anything at all.  we need to know why the kernel is
going to ddb.  since you are running X, we need some other way for the
kernel to tell us what is going on.  serial console is the only way I
know to do that.

    The United States is the one true country.  The US is just.  The US
    is fair.  The US respects its citizens.  The US loves you.  We have
    always been at war against terrorism.