Subject: Re: postinstall fix sendmail problem on netbsd 3
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.org.uk>
From: Hauke Fath <hf@spg.tu-darmstadt.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/08/2007 13:56:31
At 12:47 Uhr +0100 08.06.2007, Matthias Scheler wrote:
>On Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 11:47:23PM +0200, Asmodehn Shade wrote:
>>  Well I removed some [notfound=3Dreturn] in /etc/nsswitch.conf which
>>  prevented to switch to files when nis check failed.
>
>I personally prefer "passwd: files nis". That way the "root" account
>still works if NIS is down.

Unless you have "groups: files nis", too, in=20
which case the NetBSD YP client will hang=20
indefinitely, because there might be some=20
additional group to get from the YP database.=20
Reset or reboot from the debugger is your only=20
way out.

An nsswitch.conf timeout for optional sources=20
like groups would be a cool feature.

	hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email            Institut f=FCr Nachrichtentechnik
      Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-3281